Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break - Florida Road Trip

We are back from our Spring Break trip! For the 3rd year in a row we were given a trip to see Scott's family during Spring Break. Every year it is the same mad dash as we leave Thur. when they get out of school and are back at home by the next Thur! We drive straight thru and arrive Friday evening just in time for dinner. It might take me a while to document our trip and to pick thru the 780 photos I took....but I want to be sure I write it all down so I don't forget. We love looking back thru the blog and remembering the fun things we have done and some day I will print it out to add to our family albums.


This is how we start our trip every year....by documentng the first few minutes of our adventure. They are always SOOO excited to be on their way to Florida again and this year they told us again that the road trip down is one of the best parts of the trip. We love that they think that but Scott and I would be ok eliminating the 23 hr drive...but we do make the best of it and have a great time. Our kids are fantastic about road trips and they have great attitudes. They watch movies, sing, laugh, listen to music and make our meals while we drive...drive...drive....OH! Did I mention the blue shoes? We had blue shoes everywhere!!

It took us 23.5 hours including our traditional breakfast stop somewhere in Georgia at a Cracker Barrel. We got to Aunt Kathy's around 5, got cleaned up, had a delicious meal, stayed up late hanging out with everyone and got back into the groove of a big family. We love it that the kids get to see their cousins and that they all get a long so well. Did I mention we just LOVE Florida? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had fun. But 23 hours? Wow. I think these pictures were taken at the beginning of that journey! They're all smiling!

Loving Life Right Where We Are... said...

Sharon- I thought I would pace myself and do one day at a time on the blog. TOOOOO many photos to go thru. We had a fantastic time!! When I was driving thru the south I even thought of you! I always drive thru Atlanta and love the south but man are there cops every 10 miles!! Georgia was the worst! :) And yes....these pics are from our first few minutes on the road...clean van, clean and happy kids....the only difference 23 hours later is a messy van, stinky kids but still VERY happy kids! :)