We had our New Year's Eve kid party and we had a great time! We spent the day playing more games, watching movies and snacking on goodies. Scott made some delicious cheese fondue and we finished that off just in time to make our chocolate fondue before the big countdown. We had strawberries, oranges and bananas as well as pretzel chips for the dipping and it was AMAZING stuff!! The kids begged for their usual kids wine and daddy and I had a little champagne. We watched the countdown, clinked our glasses and made LOTS of noise! We also played our NYE game...where you have to stand on one leg, bend over and pick up a grocery sack with your mouth...no hands allowed! I promise it's a surprisingly fun game! Each time you are successful in getting the bag, we cut another inch off....but this year everyone was sooo tall that it was quite a struggle to play the game. I couldn't do it at all and the big boys had a great time trying to balance while reaching and I was quite impressed with their stretching. Our winner was LUCAS with a landslide....helps being so close to the ground compared to your tall brothers! What I really love is his winning shot while he is holding his party hat. Pretty talented that one!
The last time we had a kids NYE party was back in 2008. This is due to our rotating holiday kid schedule and we won't have our next one until 2012. In 2008, we wrote down some silly things to put in our Dawson time capsule and we had a chance to open that capsule during our party. The list made us laugh and awww as we remembered our favorite color, smells, movies, tv shows and foods of 2008. We also wrote down 10 things that we wanted to do during that year or during our lifetime and the lists were amazing! Our kids want to skydive, visit Italy, be pet store owners, cook dinner, be heros and more. We learned a lot about our family and I can't wait to add these lists to their family books. I am so glad we took the time to record their hopes and dreams when they were 11, 10, 8 and 6 and I know they will appreciate showing their lists to their families one day too.
| Daddy & Lucas working on their 2011 New Years List.... |
| Lucas stashed away our lists to be opened sometime in 2012. If you don't do this already, it is a great addition to your family NYE traditions. We highly recommend it! |





3 comments:
Dawnua, I LOVE this! Do you have a printable of the list you keep track of? Care to share!?
Dana- Our list has changed every year and I usually do it on the fly but I would love to share it with you. I also have a book that I pull out every once in a while to record their favorites that year. They LOVE to look back at what was their favorite things when they were 4,5 and so on...its hilarious. THose are the little things we forget so its fun to record it. Ill email you the lists so far! Thanks!
Looks like you had a fun filled night!! :)
Post a Comment