On Friday, Noah had a chance as part of the 6th Grade Honors Band, to play in the HS Pep Band at a local HS Basketball game. Whew...that was a mouth full....he was really looking forward to it but had no idea how much fun he would have. There is nothing quite like the atmosphere at a good basketball game. Scott stayed home with Autumn and Eli while I took Lucas and Noah to the school. We had planned on everyone staying home but me, but Lucas said that he had learned to crochet a bookmark that week and his mom had promised to bring the stuff for him to work on another one....and so we figured it would be a good bonding time with his mom...on our time...but it's supposed to be about THE KIDS...so why not.
When Lucas and I got to the gym, his mom had secured a seat close to the band seats so Lucas sat next to her and I sat right behind them. Lucas wanted to sit with both of us so he could work on another bookmark, and show me how he does it. He was so proud. His mom starts and finishes each bookmark and he patiently crochets his projects. It was very cute...and I made sure to take some "action" shots. The second bookmark he ever made was for me. Isn't it awesome? I LOVE it. He made one more during the game that was for a friend at school. He wants to make another one for his dad & teacher.
Our original seats were overrun early on by thousands, hundreds, ok maybe just 100 high school kids... but in my old age I had forgotten how rowdy games can be. We kept getting pushed to the edges of the benches and when the kids stood for the first part of the game, Lucas wanted to move to higher ground. So, the three of us moved to the top and had a great view of the game. The Vikings won, the crowd had a lot of fun and Noah did a great job with the Pep Band. He LOVED LOVED it and told me that he wants to do it every Friday night. :) Can you find Noah in the group? Hint- He is wearing a black shirt... :)
Here is a closer shot...he is under and to the right of the directors hand...dark, shaggy, cool hair...clarinet...serious musician...tried to hide from my camera most of the night....
I took lots of photos hoping to get some really clear ones but again, I hate the lighting in a gym. The pep band sounded great and I did record 2 of their songs to share with Scott when we got home. Lucas and I had a great time listening and watching the game and I loved explaining BB to him. It was a great game! I am looking forward to more of these kind of activities as the boys get older...even if all we ever do are "alternative" sports!
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment