Sunday, January 30, 2011

Drum Roll Please....

No seriously....Eli played the snare drum...and his drum rolls were awesome and well timed...


The boys had their district band concert with all 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and H.S. band members. We heard from each grade and from the H.S. Jazz band too...and man are they awesome! This district has an AMAZING music program and the boys' music teacher was named the 2010 Outstanding Elementary Band Director of the Year by the Northeast Kansas Music Educators Association!


This year Eli decided to try the bells and snare drum...and he prefers the drum to the bells...but he did a FANTASTIC job on both at the concert. The bells are very easy to hear, even in this big group so it was easy to be proud. :) He doesn't look nervous at all does he?

 Here is the 5th grade group...can you find Eli?

And the 6th grade group...can you find Noah?

Noah had a little football accident at school that day and the nurse thought he had broken his hand...but a doctor's visit showed it was fine and he was fine playing that night...although a little disappointed at not getting a cast! They played several songs as a 6th grade group and then with the entire group and they sounded great. Noah has really enjoyed band and wants to take the saxophone test so he can switch instruments. I think that would be awesome...but that is what I played so I am a little biased.


And as always....I have to document the occasion with a shot with their proud daddy...and as usual the only evidence that I was there are all the photos!! :) They call me Momarazzi....

  

I'd like to say that daddy was giving Noah some words of wisdom but alas...he was chewing gum while I tried to take a photo! The nerve!!

You guys did a great job and we are loving the music you are making! We are very proud!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now you have 2 in band? That's wonderful. My SD loves being in band. Only one more year for us :(

DDawson said...

We do have two in band this year but ELi wants to go back to Strings for his 6th grade yr. He misses the Cello and isn't in love with the bells...I loved band and Scott is a musician so we are really enjoying it. Noah played wth the pep band a few weeks ago and it was a great experience for him. I can't believe you only have one year left!