Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm Not Your Average Person

So, last week the circus rolled into town....on the train track near our loft...and we were SOOO excited to see their train cars! We heard that they walked the elephants up the 12th st bridge so when my hubby saw the cars being pulled up the bridge we jumped in our truck to follow....did I mention it was midnight?

This was my first photo of the trip...you can see what a great job I did of catching the circus truck and not the shiny construction barriers...and my sweet hubby who indulges me when I want to chase elephants...
Ahhh, now you can see what we saw for the first 10 minutes of our adventure...The Greatest Show On Earth!
We followed the truck downtown until it stopped at the Sprint Center...

And of course I walk around the area at 12:30 in the morning taking photos of the trailers...
The street in front of the Sprint Center was FULL of trailers but no animals... :(
We heard that the Elephants would be arriving on Tuesday night and that the trainers would be getting them up at 4am to bathe and walk up the 12th street bridge to the Sprint Center. I was SOO excited about this that I set my alarm for 4 am (after going to bed at 1am). I wanted to get photos of the elephants on the bridge and when I got up at 4...there were no elephants...so I set my alarm for another 15 minutes and got up again...and no elephants...and set my alarm again for 15 minutes....and no elephants...and I did this for the next 2 hours and NOT ONCE did I ever catch the elephants....I was sooo sad!

While I was telling Lucas about the Circus train and how they were finally in town, he said, "MOM! They say that is the GREATEST show on EARTH!" And his PURE JOY is exactly what I felt when I heard the elephants were going to be walking by my window....oh how I wish I had seen it!

No comments: