Can you tell what it is??
Last Sunday, Autumn and I finally got around to working on one of her Christmas presents. You might remember that one of her gifts was ducktape (it really is duck...) and that it came in bright orange and purple. She had always wanted to make a purse out of duct tape so she was pretty excited to get the tape as a gift. Plus, it made for a great story when she told her friends what she got for Christmas! We found a design and pattern that she was happy with and we got started with folding the tape and making non sticky strips. We didn't get our purse done but we got a huge jump on the project. I don't think we have much more to do but I am fighting the urge to finish it this week and waiting till she comes back home....
Her two favorite colors: purple and orange
After making 23 orange and 13 purple strips we started weaving them together.
This is becoming a BRIGHT idea...hahaha...I crack myself up...
This is what I finished up on Sunday...after weaving the pieces together I covered one side with full strips of the orange tape. This will be the inside of the purse and the checks will be on the outside. I can't wait till it's finished! I will be sure to post the final purse. Did you know people make dresses out of this stuff?









2 comments:
I like the duck tape idea - can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks Sharon! I really think I am going to have to make one for myself! It is pretty cool...and water proof! haha
Post a Comment