Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dawson Family Anniversary

Four years ago my beloved and I made a lifelong commitment to each other....To have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance...We stood at the alter with the four kids by our side and officially became a family. I walked up the aisle to a song (Sojourney) that Scott wrote for me and we walked back down the aisle as a family to L.O.V.E. by Nat King Cole. We danced and laughed our way out into the foyer and started our life together as a family. We had no idea what was in store for us but we knew that God's grace was sufficient.

After 4 years, I still believe that my life is richer because of this man and his beautiful kids. Our wedding sermon focused on God's grace and forgiveness and we have made that our focus. We have survived the depths of sickness and look forward to a season of health. I love him for his genuine heart and compassionate spirit and know he was made for me. It is life changing when you find THE ONE who makes your heart skip a beat with just one look, who challenges your spiritual walk, encourages you, uplifts you, prays for you and builds you up to others. He is an amazing husband and I couldn't ask for a better mate. I am so thankful for my sweet family and how they have adopted me as one of their own. We have weathered many trials in only 4 years but our relationships just keep getting better and better...I didn't just marry Scott 4 years ago...I committed myself to Autumn, Noah, Eli & Lucas and my life is better because I did.

August 9, 2005

August 9, 2009

5 comments:

The Votaw Family said...

What a beautiful family! Congrats!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary! Can't believe how big the kids are now looking back at your wedding picture.

DDawson said...

Thank you A & E! I can't believe how big they are either....Noah was younger than Lucas is now and its hard to believe he was ever that small! It seems like just yesterday..

Aaron Childers said...

Happy Anniversary! May God Bless you all!

Jen Carter said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary...to all of you!! :)