Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Celebration

Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday! It's all about family, food and enjoying each other without the expectations of gifts. It's great! For the past 7 years (WOW! We have celebrated 7 Thanksgiving's together!) we have always had the kids help us cook the meal. We started with easy things and moved our way up to having them be in charge of side dishes, dessert and salads. For the past 3 or 4 years Noah and Scott have had a cook off with each of them getting their own small turkey to cook. It's been great fun! This year Noah looked up his own recipe and was ready to make a killer Turkey. Once he found out Scott's secret ingredient he wanted to change his recipe but we got him to stand his ground and be confident in his recipe. The birds looked great and tasted even better! We think it was a tie though because everyone Gobbled (haha I crack myself up!) down the turkies!

Did I mention that this was our first full weekend in the new house? We didnt have everything there but we managed to bring the essentials. We had a total of 7 kids because Autumn brought her best friend, Noah brought his girlfriend and Eli brought his friend too. Lucas hung out with the big girls and they all had a great time. We loved the crazy, happy chaos!

We had homemade chocolate chip cookies....
Every one made something for our dinner. Our kids always cook so they decided they wanted to teach their friends how to cook too. It was awesome! We actually fit everyone in there at one time or another. It was cozy and just what we wanted.

We had a ton of yummy food and got to share it with 7 extra guests.
Here are the award winning turkeys...and I don't mean Scott and Noah...hee hee

Don't they look amazing? They tasted great!

The big boys had their own tables in our breakfast nook.
Noah and his girlfriend Hadley. She was great and even washed a lot of dishes while we cooked. Love that she had such a good attitude!
We had a full table and a great time!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving celebration. I know that our family is thankful to be back in a house again and to have luxuries that people often take for granted. Like central heat, central air, a dishwasher, no leaky roof and a back yard! So thankful for the job I have and for all that will come from that. I am thankful for my sweet kids, my loving husband (of 7 years!!) and a mom who is a fighter. And particularly this year I am thankful for a little brother who helped us move! Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys have a great time together! What a great idea to teach your kids to cook from an early age. They will think of you two every time they are in the kitchen. :)