Since this is our year to have Christmas day with the kids our normal Thanksgiving traditions were altered a little bit. For the past 4 years we have been going to Christmas in the Sky, the Plaza Lighting ceremony, the Mayor's Christmas tree lighting ceremony and last year we added the Parkville Christmas on the River celebration. This Christmas will be extra special because for the FIRST time in 14 YEARS, Autumn will be with her dad on Christmas day. This has never happened before and it was quite a mess getting this very basic right. But after Autumn was allowed to voice her opinion and after 1.5 years of paperwork, discussions and um disagreements it's official! Can you say Christmas miracle? :)
Anyway, because of that HUGE change we altered our traditions. This year we sent Grandma to California for the entire month of November so she could celebrate her 70th birthday and Thanksgiving with her sisters and brother. And then when we found THE PERFECT HOUSE, close to the boys' schools, in the right district and within walking distance to their mom's house....we jumped at the chance and started moving the week before Thanksgiving. Boy was that crazy but we are so glad we did! Soooo, for Christmas in the Sky Scott and I took the convertible to Longview Lake and ate yummy Buffalo Wild Wings with the top down, the heat on and the fireworks overhead. It was great! The weather was pretty nice so it wasn't too bad with the top down and we had the perfect seats over the lake. I LOVE fireworks!
I am so glad we managed to sneak in this tradition because we ended up moving on Thanksgiving day, missed the Plaza lighting ceremony and even the Mayor's Christmas tree ceremony...BUT we had a great time together ALONE and that rarely happens around here. I am looking forward to the holidays in our new warm house with everyone at home!
Friday, December 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
The fireworks are beautiful! You always take amazing photos!!
You moved?! Congratulations! But I thought you were happy in the loft. Show pictures!
You moved?! WOW! I HAVE been out of the blog world too long!! congrats!! I'll be catching up as I can.. :)
Post a Comment