Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Greatest Show On Earth!

Scott and I had a plan. We were going to take our whole family to the circus this year because we had to miss it last year. Since we live near downtown KC, we saw the Circus trains last year, saw the animals and cages in the West Bottoms and were really excited about the show. Lucas kept telling us we had to go because he heard it was THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Good advertising huh? :) Well, no job meant no circus so we planned on making up for it this year.

But, we had a request for the boys to go to the Circus with their mom's mom to celebrate Grandparents day and we decided we could change our plans because really, we just wanted them to experience the show (no matter who they were with) so we decided to keep our plans and take Grandma with us. I got a special on tickets that saved me $15 and we managed to get FRONT ROW SEATS! It was fantastic! We didn't think we would actually see the kids because the arena is a huge place but while we were standing in line we turned and saw Noah and once Noah saw us he came right over. All the boys ended up with us in line for a few minutes giving us hugs and asking why we were there. They were quite pleased and amused though we learned later that OTHER people didn't find it quite so funny. And in fact, Eli was told that he couldn't come back to talk to Scott while we waited 30 minutes in line at the front door. CAN YOU IMAGINE if my mother told the boys that they couldn't go talk to their mother? How outrageous right? Apparently, not everyone thinks that way...Anyway....back to the circus....

I LOVE the circus!!

 Our seats were AMAZING!! And dirt cheap! We were close to the band and they were fantastic! It was a great concert as well.

 It started off with these amazingly agile people flying thru the air, twisting, turning and spinning...

 And later the tigers came out. WOW! My favorites were the white ones.



 It was a great cat show!

 See how close we were?

 These people did some amazing feats! Look at her abs! I have actually done this before although the other person only sat on my stomach...but WOW!

 WOW WOW!

 SNAKES! Ugh! Why would someone dance with snakes?

 It might be hard to see but this lady is hanging from her HAIR and flying around the arena twirling fire as she spins....WOW!

 Their strong man...

 I have always loved this act! And they were so close!!



I loved this too! They had 6 guys (and a girl) riding motorcycles in this little ball. It was amazing!

  
It was a little freaky as they went flying around and around the ball and even went upside down!
Awesome!!

 During the intermission we saw the kiddos sitting at the end of the arena. Can you find them? We waved a few times but they didn't know we were on the front row. :)

 I LOVE the elephants!!


 Loved this too!

 I always wanted to do this when I was little but my body likes to be upright at all times. I get lost and confused if I try to flip, spin or twirl in the air. I am BAD on a trampoline!

 I really love these guys!


This was amazing too! The guys would jump down on the see saw thing and the girl would fly and flip thru the air and land on the shoulders of the guy on top. She actually fell once but luckily 3 guys caught her. It was crazy!


 On the other end of the arena they were doing the same type of flips but this time they used a guy on stilts. It was so cool.

 Big trampolines with guys flying thru hoops...



The grand finale! Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus : The Greatest Show On Earth!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like a great time!

Sometimes_Carol said...

I love all your pictures!! I've never been to a circus but, it sure looks fun!

Cannot believe Grandma... that's just rude..he's their dad no matter what her thoughts & opinions on the matter are... Hopefully they enjoyed the circus despite it!

DDawson said...

It was a fantastic time Amy! Ninja, you should definitely take the kids. I had no idea our tickets were so good and it was awesome to get there and realize its the front row! :)

Yes, it is rude. It happens quite often and comes about when we are all together (usually at a school event.) The kids want to come see us, sit with us, talk to us and she tells them no. Or says they can come say hi but must go right back to sit with her. GIVE ME A BREAK. I will never understand why she thinks she has more influence or power over the kids than their father. The more she tries to control them the farther and harder they run. All DH does is look over at them, call them over and they are allowed to stay if they want. We don't control with fear and threats. Nana has a lot to learn about love.