Eli had another performance with his 5th & 6th grade choir so I took a long lunch break on Monday and went to watch him perform. The kids gave a great performance and had quite an audience too. After the singing came lunch and shopping but when Eli's group chaperone didn't show up, he asked me to stay with them. I couldn't resist my 10 yr old asking me to hang out with him and his friends so I said YES! :) Needless to say, his Choir teacher was pretty happy about it too and once we had it all worked out I was in charge of seven 5th graders!
 |
| Top Left- Eli is on front row. Third from the right. Top Right- Two of Eli's best friends. Bottom Right- Hungry Kids. |
The kids wanted to eat at Fritz's (like they did last time that Scott was their chaperone) and since Eli didn't bring any money for lunch I was happy to buy it for him. We had a great time. First, one child accidentally stole my ONLY onion ring....sniff, sniff....and then my cheeseburger ended up with someone else and when she started scraping off all my goodies....we figured it out. Instead of swapping hamburgers (because she wanted my cheese) she gave me the pickle she was scraping off.....Ho Hum.....not necessarily a 5 star meal but the company made up for it. We had a lot of fun! Eli asked me to sit next to him so I was at a booth with 4 of the 7...
I even got a 5th grade compliment which made my
day! One of the 5th graders from another class asked me... "Are u Eli's SISTER?" Me- "haha, No. I'm his stepmom." "STEPMOM? How old are you? You only look 20! And you are way too cool to be a stepmom!" Hahaha :) Don't u love 10 year olds?
And before I forget, I wanted to add Eli's other choir performance from a few weeks ago when they performed at a local church. He is starting to hide from my camera....but I have my ways! And once he sees us he can't help but smile....and sometimes laugh. Shame on you daddy for making him laugh! :)
 |
| Top Left- Eli is back row, far left, bright green shirt. Bottom Left- Part of an act/song...."Daughter will you marry...nay father nay....Will you marry a farmer...nay father nay...." |
 |
| The song goes on and on until it gets to Eric here in the red...and the answer is Yes, father Yes....and since this is one of Noah's good friends, you can see him on the far left videotaping Eric's performance. |
 |
| And this is my usual shot after any school performance. Proud papa with Eli and our newest addition Tony. Tony is Noah's good friend and has stayed with us quite a bit. His mom and I have become good friends and Tony now calls me by my "BonusMom" nickname....it's pretty funny. He is pretty small but man can he EAT! Love having the kids' friends wanting to spend time at our house! I am pretty sure it's cause we are cool or it could have something to do with the cool loft....but I'm not going to push my luck and ask. :) Good Job Eli on all your performances! |
1 comment:
Cute! Love the 5th grader's comments to you!
Post a Comment