![]() |
| Eli is the red headed, cutie pie in bright green on the front row...He wasn't too thrilled about dancing but he did a pretty good job and made us smile. Good job Eli! |
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
The Jellybean Conspiracy...
Last week Eli had a theatrical performance of "There's no such thing as normal." The production was brought to his school by the Jellybean Conspiracy group and it was developed to help the kids learn and understand what Autism is and how it affects some of their classmates. It had an interesting story line, funny songs and even dancing. Eli was a dinosaur in a museum exhibit and he got to do a robot like dance. I actually had tears in my eyes at one point as I was imagining how a new parent would feel when they find out their baby isn't like other babies. You love that child, want the best for them and want others to see their potential too. I'm not sure why that emotion hit me so strong during a silly performance but it did...After the performance the kids had an opportunity to speak about their experience and it seemed like the musical taught them a lot about Autism. The Jellybean Conspiracy wants their theatrical productions to tell a life-changing secret: "Everyone's life is important and each person has the potential to make a unique contribution to the world." I thought it was great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment