Friday, October 1, 2010

Wish US Luck

We have a very busy weekend planned and I thought I should just make an appearance while I was still able. There is one good thing in all the busyness...as the more I work, the less time I have to eat and the more weight I lose. yay....and it has been a great reminder that FOOD IS FOR ENERGY...since I don't have much time to eat, I eat things that I know will get me thru the next 7 hours of work...and I can't overeat (no time) and I don't eat junk (cause Ill just crash) so it has been a good lesson for me. Food is my friend...not my enemy. :)

My mom is battling increased pain and her last ultrasound showed abnormalities with her pancreas. App. the symptoms of pancreatitis are very similar to her shingle pain/discomfort as well as congestive heart failure...so we are waiting to hear back about a GI specialist. She is miserable and when the pain hits, it takes her breath away and she often cries. The increased pain causes increased confusion and some days she has a really hard time finding the right words to use...though I can usually interpret pretty well. It has been 7 months since the 2nd open heart surgery and we are both ready to get beyond this...

Last weekend our friend Nathaniel came to our house for 2 days and worked on building us some walls. Fortunately for him, he got a "real, paying" job that day and started Monday...so he will be back at it this Saturday. He built and I helped him put up, walls for the music room, garage and bedrooms. The loft is going to look so different when the walls are up, drywalled and finished. How exciting! And Nathaniel is doing the work as a gift. How sweet is that? My next big project will be finding and making more paint to get this place ready for winter. I can't wait to have closets, storage and a place for everything! This "mess" is driving me crazy....I need organization...


This weekend I get to add on another night of work and starting next week I "get" to work Thur, Fri, Sat & Sun nights...and I got to open at the coffeehouse on Thru and Sat too...This whole 3 part time job thing is exhausting! Especially when I get the teeny tiny pay checks and know that my degree is worth so much more...if I could just find that full time job....This weekend will be extra busy because I am working 3 nights and Sat. morning while Scott has to do a school project. He is taking the 2 older boys with him to clean a stream and the teacher is excited to have them along. On Sunday we are trying to fit in a visit to the Apple Fest in a local tourist town before we head off to pick up 3 little boys to spend the night with our boys...We are having a Haunted House party with severed gummy body parts cup cakes (every boys dream, right?) before Scott ventures out to 2 of the haunted houses with 4 boys...Im guessing the 2 little ones won't be ready for it...so they will stay home with grandma for a movie or two.

And once I take all the boys home on Monday it will be time for me to work my 6 hour shift at the coffeehouse....so it's looking like Tues/Wed is my weekend! So, with all that is going on this weekend...wish us luck! :) Have a great weekend and enjoy this BEAUTIFUL fall weather!

No comments: