Friday, October 8, 2010

We Survived....

...But Just Barely...And remember how I mentioned I am having a hard time being able to fit in eating? I finally weighed myself on Monday and I am down another 7 lbs from the last time I weighed. YAY! I no longer really eat a full meal...my meals have turned into mini meals that give me energy to get thru the next activity...and it really works great. And even though that has been a great bonus on this crazy work schedule...I can't wait till my coffeehouse/haunted house diet plan work schedule is over...

So, back to last weekend....the boys came home on friday and spent some bonding time with Scott while I went to work. I worked till 1am, got to bed by 2am and up by 7am to get to the coffeehouse. Lucas wanted to come to work with me last weekend and I let him sleep instead...so after my "But Mommy" lecture I planned on taking him with me this weekend...and wouldn't you know he was wide awake and waiting for me to get up on Saturday! He was so excited to be a barista again and couldn't wait to be able to help me. On saturday morning it is crazy busy at the Market so I wasn't sure how it was going to work but we managed to ease him into the routine. After he read his morning pages, had some breakfast and hot chocolate I let him do little things for us. He would run downstairs to get us napkins, bagels, cream cheese, cups, lids, water, pop and even carried 2 gallons of milk at a time! He was such a hard worker! He began to help me behind the counter too and would let me know when the coffee was getting low or when we needed to restock the lid/sugar table. Once he got the hang of it he would get the coffee beans, put them in the grinder and then do other things while he waited for the beans to be done....he was multitasking like a pro! I was just sooo proud of him! After our shift was over Seth tipped him 5 bucks and between the two of us we made $78 in tips!

While we were enjoying our busy coffee shop morning, the other boys were having a Dawson Boys Day Out...or so it seemed as that is how Scott answered the phone that morning. :) Scott took the boys out to lunch on their way to a JCCC class project. The boys were going to help Scott and his class clean up a stream somewhere in Johnson County. They all had a great time, fell in the stream a few times and came home wet and happy. Scott didn't bring the camera (thank goodness!) but the teacher was thrilled that the boys were there and took some pics for us...those are coming soon. While we were all out working, our friends Allan & Nathaniel were at our loft putting up drywall...and when we got home we were excited to see it mostly done! We only have one more wall, some half walls and some closets still to build and then Allan will help us finish up the drywall! And then I can paint, decorate and PUT THINGS AWAY! yay!!


Since Scott and the older boys were having a day out, Lucas and I decided to extend our morning together and after a hard days work we went out to lunch at a local Vietnamese restaurant. The great thing about the Rivermarket is that it's like the Ethnic Festival all year long. We love that! Lucas tried his hand at speaking Vietnamese when we were ordering and we decided NOT to walk on the wild side and got a very safe fried rice with BBQ pork and chicken. We ordered fresh spring rolls which are one of my favorites and we even tried a Vietnamese Iced Coffee...It was super, super strong and Lucas managed one sip while I finished it up knowing I was going to need more caffeine. We strolled around the Rivermarket after lunch and bought some fresh groceries, spices and honey sticks before we headed home. I just love hanging out with this Little Man and hearing his thoughts and impressions on his surroundings! He loves every little detail and loves to people watch too. We had a great day together!

More on the weekend tomorrow....

No comments: