On Sunday, Daddy and I took him to breakfast at First Watch where I introduced him to Banana granola chocolate chip pancakes...YUM! And we got to spend some quiet one on one time with him.
That afternoon we went shopping for Eli's school birthday treats and decided to make cheesecake brownie cupcakes...of course we made extra so we could try them out and they were yummy! Lucas helped us make the cream cheese center and then we all made designs in the cream cheese. We have NEVER had an opportunity to make any school birthday treats so it was an extra special treat for us.
Eli was our official brownie batter taste tester...he approved!
This morning when Eli woke up he found his birthday present and had it opened before we were even out of bed! Since we are celebrating his birthday after we move to the loft, he only got the one gift today and decided to wear his new outfit to school. We made the boys a hot breakfast and sang Happy Birthday to Eli again...it will probably happen 10 times by the time we are done celebrating too! :)
After a few hours of work at the loft, we rushed back to Eli's school for his birthday celebration. We brought the brownie cupcakes and drinks and spent 20 minutes or so watching Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakquel. The kids were dancing to the music and it was quite amusing.
Here is Eli with his best buddy...celebrating at school.
Eli, Daddy and I are SO proud of you. You have demonstrated some amazing character traits this year and we are constantly amazed by your generous heart and loving spirit. Thank you for showing kindness to EVERYONE and for not being afraid to love, laugh, dance and make a difference. You are an amazing son and WE LOVE YOU!



4 comments:
Wow, what a great birthday! I want some brownie cupcakes too! :)
Kids birthdays can be so fun!! And his looks like it certainly was!!
Mmmmm...brownies...I LOVE brownies...and it was so nice being "allowed" to make birthday treats on the actual day!
Welcome ChapmansRUs! I checked out your site and notice a beautiful Bonus Mom Badge. Awesome!
Post a Comment