On Thursday morning I chaperoned for OPE's 4th, 5th & 6th grade Strings classes and took them to their early morning rehearsal. And by take them I mean I rode the bus with them. :) There were about 400 hundred students from the SM school district playing in the Strings concert and the whole music program is just amazing! It was great to help with the setup and then watch the schools practice for the first time together. The 4th graders did an outstanding job listening, waiting and practicing.
I mouthed to Eli (during rehearsal) that I was texting Daddy so he gave me a great big smile to send to Florida.
There was a tricky part to the very last performance when they were ending the, "March from 'Carmen'"....the kids were to play the bow from end to tip 3 times and continue the long stroke back out to the tip and end with raising their bow. Eli and I practiced all morning and several times before the performance. He was so nervous that he was going to mess it up but after several practice shots...he was dead on and ended it perfectly! Great job Eli! Daddy and I are so proud of all you have learned and accomplished in Strings!




1 comment:
Great job Eli and great job mom with helping him play well! I think it's great the boys love music so much. They are so much like Scott!
Post a Comment