Saturday, May 8, 2010

Eli's Favorite Activities: Dancing & Creative Writing

Here it is Sunday night and another week has flown by. This week was busier than last week and I haven't even finished blogging about that one yet! My sweet hubby flew back on Wednesday and I was soo happy to see him. He is such a sweetheart and we texted all week long but there is nothing like a hug from him to melt my worries away. PLUS... I really like him! :)

We were at the school several times this week in between planning our loft project, business meetings, job interviews and taking care of mom. On Thursday Eli had his long awaited Road Rally performance sponsored by the KC Ballet. The Reach Out And Dance curriculum relates dance to geography, math, and other classroom subjects. They incorporate dance moves into learning and the kids learn confidence, have fun and get to perform at the end of the year. Since I had a job interview at the same time I had to miss it but luckily I watched him rehearse last week when I was at the school. Eli is a natural dancer and boogies all over our house...all the time....for entertainment, for a laugh, for candy, for encouragement...you name it. I think he gets his sunshiny character and sassy dance moves from his sweet daddy. :)

Good Job Eli! I think Road was great for your self confidence cause you are no longer that shy little 4th grader that I remember from last August....hahahahahah

Eli was the star this week because we got to see him two times while at school. The boys constantly ask for more time with us and now that Scott isn't getting "chemo" like therapy 6 hours a day we can sneak over to the school during his good moments. The boys LOVE it when daddy shows up! On Friday, we went to Eli's 4th Grade Writers Tea to hear him read a few of his creative writing pieces. That boy has one great imagination!


My favorite story was called, "My Success", and it showcased quite the imagination...My favorite lines were, "A bad attitude tastes like bad milk. It feels like some slimy alien eyeball type thing." Also, "Pride is as big as the Pacific Ocean. It acts like a smile(y) face. A good attitude is as big as the universe with 10 million planets. It acts like a giant wave." Great Job Eli! You are so smart and take after your daddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really make it look like I took some good pics! Thank you for all of the encouraging things you write about me and our babies. Mother's Day was made for moms like you. And next weekend you get an even more special day, Bonus-Mother's Day. It is so wonderful that the kids don't see you as just a "step-mom", as evidenced by Eli sticking up for you when his friend said step-moms weren't important. There are some bio moms that don't deserve to be celebrated. They are emotionally manipulative and physically abusive and spiritually depraved. You, however, are the best mom, wife and friend that I have ever seen. You make it all seem so effortless, but I know how hard you work. Happy Mother's Day, sweetheart. I love you more than anything!

DDawson said...

thank you baby for the sweet comment. I love you too!