Happy Easter! We had a great Easter weekend that started a little early. The boys didn't have school on Friday so we picked them up on Thursday night and kicked off the weekend with some fun spring cleaning. I had a great time but I don't think it gave the kids warm fuzzies. We had geocaching plans for Friday but we got rained out...so that led to more spring cleaning. Four hours later and their room was rearranged, spotless and smelling pretty again.
Eli went to see grandma with me on Thursday and on Friday I brought both Eli & Lucas. I love the conversations they have with grandma! She had snacks ready for them when we got there and they loved that. On Friday night we had a family night with a movie and kettle corn. There is nothing better than cuddling on the couch with the whole family. Once the kids went to sleep, the Easter bunny visited. Our Easter bunny is a little crazy because he made us hide eggs all around our yard at midnight! He thought it would be fun to Geocache (yes, we are obsessed) our Easter eggs so that the kids would need to use the GPS to find their eggs...so at midnight he took us outside to hide them using flashlights...I thought for sure someone was going to call the cops!
Saturday morning was our "Easter" with the boys and it was a perfect day. The boys started hunting around 11 while I made their favorite cheesy egg breakfast sandwiches. I helped them get started on the hunt and even though it was a little slow at first, they really got into it after the first few finds. Noah did a great job helping Lucas read the coordinates and they took turns finding eggs. It was so warm outside that we ate our breakfast on the back porch and enjoyed our coffee in the sun.
On Sunday, Scott and I went to church with mom at her rehab facility. There is a local church that meets there and they had a phenomenal singer. We stayed and ate lunch with mom and then spent some time with her in her room. The therapists had all the residents make Easter bonnets and planned a party for them that afternoon. (I'll add a pic. of mom in her bonnet later.) Overall, it was a great weekend and I love it when we get to spend our time with family. Easter is one of my favorite celebrations, so I have to end with, "The tomb is empty! He is RISEN, just as He said!" Hallelujah! He IS Risen!




No comments:
Post a Comment