Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break

Our family had another opportunity to go to Florida this year for Spring Break. We stayed at one of Scott's sister's house and we had a fantastic time. We left Thur. after school and arrived 24 hours later at Aunt Kathy's house. We were soooo excited to get back to Florida! The kids have all decided they want to move there as soon as we can and they just couldn't get there fast enough. Scott and I drove straight thru and took turns sleeping on a twin sized air mattress in the back of the van. This year we even brought Lady Bug with us and she turned out to be a great traveler. She slept in her bed in between the front two seats and was really well behaved. We had never traveled with a puppy before but she made it easy.


Here we are...15 minutes into the trip...notice the one on the far right...that is Noah's crazy hair after he woke up at 5 am...We were quite a sight by the time we got there on Friday...but all of the family was on the way over for dinner so we perked up right away. We had 15-18 aunts, uncles and cousins over for dinner every night with Grandma & Grandpa too and it was awesome! Scott hasn't had an opportunity to spend much time with his family since he moved here back in the 90's (I can't rem the year! bad wife!) and this year we spent more of our time talking and catching up than last year. We really had a great Spring Break and no one wanted to come back to Kansas. Our only concern was getting Grandma packed up and brought to Florida to be with us too. :) One of the last things Lucas told his cousin Kinsey was that he was going to try to move to FL by the time he was 8...in 6 months...

This series of photos are by Lucas. He took the camera as soon as we got in the van...with a plan to take photos of "everything that is interesting"...so I thought I should show you his little brain. I love the angles of his shots...Scott said the one of me is when I was cleaning the windows...nice hubby...

Because I have so many photos to share....I might take a few posts to share our whole week. We had an extra day of vacation this year which really made a difference in the quality of our time with family. It was a great gift! Thank you. Stay tuned...the next post will be our first full day...a heart walk and 25 sharks....

2 comments:

Sharon said...

The kids look like they all get along so well! I'm astonished.

DDawson said...

Sharon, I don't think that our step relationship/blended family is like most and I am so thankful for that! The kids get along great and they love road trips so 24 hours in one van goes pretty well...Autumn thinks that is one of the best parts of getting to Florida...the long drive. lol Now, don't get me wrong, they can fight right along with the best (or worst) of them but it doesnt happen very often at our house. :) Yay me!