Monday, March 29, 2010
Rock Chalk Geo Hawk : Treasure Hunting
Our family was introduced to a new, exciting, worldwide, free activity while we visited Grandma in Florida....we are now proud participators in GeoCaching....Have you heard of it? There are over a million "caches" hidden all over the world....it's like a high tech treasure hunt using your GPS. I heard about it a while back but I didn't really understand what it was but when Grandma talked about taking us out we were intrigued. We made several treks in Florida and found a couple of the treasures but the bug didn't really get us until we got back home. Scott and I started by ourselves and found the first "treasure" at Latte Land across the street from our house...and then we were hooked! We take our GPS, look up the coordinates for a cache, jump in the car and treasure hunt. Some cache's have toys to take as long as you leave something in return and all of them have a log for you to sign.
As soon as everyone was home on Friday, we jumped in the car to do our first family run. Noah found the first one and we had a lot of fun running all over the park following the GPS...Eli turned out to be the best "hunter" because he found the next one that night and then 4 on Saturday! It is really turning out to be a lot of fun and with our new hobby we have logged an hour or more of exercise for each day out. We went Friday, Saturday and Sunday!! I have already had 2 dreams about geocaching so I think maybe we will take the day off today and rest....If you want to know more about Geocaching you can learn all about it at www.geocaching.com. It is a great, free family past time! Rock Chalk Geo Hawk!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment