Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our Cupcake Obsession....

I found a great recipe last year that has stuck with Noah and he claims it is his all time favorite meal EVER...he has been begging me to make it again so we set a date and he ended up making dinner all by himself again. It turns out that when he cooks, my job is to clean up after him....so we make a pretty good team and the kitchen is back in order by the time dinner is ready. So you're dieing to know what his favorite meal is...right? Well, it's Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Icing! It's awesome, easy and cooks quickly in the cupcake pan. This time we experimented with different kinds of "icing" by cooking carrots and using our food processor to mix, whip and cream them. Noah put green onion sprinkles on top and they were ready to serve. This time we used garlic croutons and I think that was our secret ingredient because it was better than I remember! I really enjoy our cooking time and he is getting good at knowing the basic herbs/spices that we use in most of our dishes. We have talked about kid cooking classes this summer when he is home more so we will see if that works out. I'm thinking he's getting a pretty good lesson here at home for FREE...

No comments: