Monday, December 15, 2008

YMCA (y my muscles currently ache)

It's official...our family joined the local YMCA! I have been meaning to get back into shape since 1997....I know that was 11 years ago but time flies and life happens and you just don't take the time to exercise like you should...I have had little spurts of success but it was almost impossible to have a set schedule while running a small business so now that our life is somewhat normal again we decided to give it a try.

Scott plans on using the pool to do a little bit of PT because any other exercise causes him to pass out. :) You gotta watch out for that Sneaky Vasculitis! I decided to embrace all that the YMCA offers and signed up for the Fitness Assessment. My first appointment was last Monday and I came home with good and bad news. I went thru a variety of tests which could be considered torture.... I was pinched and prodded while having my body fat tested...(not good)...I performed a 3 minute step test...(not so good)....Learned my Body Mass Index....(not good)....Confirmed my Waist to Hip ratio...(average- yeah!)...Tested my resting heart rate....(111= not good)...Bench Pressed 128lbs...(average- yeah!) and learned to use the weights.
Now to my good news...When it came to Leg Press I kicked butt! I was rated WELL ABOVE AVERAGE..(Super Yeah!) and I maxed out at 400lbs!!! My fitness trainer was very excited because in 7 years she has NEVER had a female press 400lbs!!! YEAH! So, I guess I have some leg muscles hiding down there somewhere!
I even made it back to the Y last week and worked out on the weights and cardio equipment. My heart rate got up to 177(!!) while I was working out...thus the reason Y my Muscles Currently Ache...stay tuned...

No comments: