Friday, December 12, 2008

Spirit of Christmas...Things That I LOVE

I am happy to report that the Spirit of Christmas is alive and well in the Dawson home. Sometimes our kids do something out of the blue that really touches my heart and it makes me so proud to be a part of their lives. They are loving, empathetic, forgiving, compassionate, goofy, silly, articulate, intelligent and full of surprises. Here are some of the moments I love...
  • When Noah gave his last dollar to the Salvation Army bell ringer at HyVee. Unprompted.
  • When the boys come home and Lucas runs in the house yelling "Mommy" and runs to me to give me a big hug and kiss.
  • When Eli runs and jumps in my arms and gives me an unexpected kiss.
  • When Autumn lays her head on my shoulder and "purrs".
  • When Noah and I spend quiet moments talking about life and how to deal with people.
  • When it's time to wrestle and the boys "kick my booty".
  • When they giggle cause I'm chasing them around the house.
  • When we sit together on our huge couch and cuddle on movie night.
  • How one of them is always helping me cook, bake and clean up.
  • When I tell them something and they do it the FIRST time. I LOVE that and I make sure I tell them how much I appreciate that.
  • The quiet moments when we have real conversations and I get to hear their hearts.
  • When Eli and Lucas insist on paying for dinner.
  • When daddy comes home and they all run to meet him at the door.
  • Devotions at bedtime. (Eli reads from the Bible and they all participate.)
  • How Eli is really wanting to read the Bible and has started in the book of JOB! :)
  • When I wake up to giggly kids who are playing together in their room.
I love every moment with my family. I am so proud to know them, to love them and to be a part of who they are becoming. I love watching them learn and grow.




No comments: