Saturday, July 2, 2011

How can summer be half way over??

Somehow June went flying by and our summer is half way over! We have had a lot of fun this year and spend a few days every week at a local water park. The kids are loving that and one of these days Scott and I have plans to go ourselves....Season tickets really make a difference! Parking is free and we always bring a snack bag so its a great deal. Here are some of the other things we have done this summer...

Lucas got to go to PreCalculus with Scott one day...Lucas is loving math and working ahead on more advanced concepts this summer. Scott is a great teacher and they love the extra time together!


Noah has been experimenting with art. He is really into Graffiti right now and wanted to paint it on his bedroom wall...you know, like Grandma would have let him done....but for a compromise I had him start on some cardboard. Once he perfects his art I am actually fine with him painting graffiti on his wall. It would be really cool. :)


Another thing Noah loves is his middle name. Grey. He was named after his paternal grandfather and he wants to be called Grey...nothing wrong with your kid picking their nickname right? So, combine that with his interest in DJ's, turntables, music and videos and you have DJ Grey...it is looking GREAT! He has plans for about 15 different colors to be added so Ill share that with you too. He is doing a great job.


Scott painted a picture for me to hang up in my new office. He used one of the window screens that I recycled last summer and painted over the screen. It gives it a great texture. I have 15 or so of these left and have plans to paint the KC skyline on them. Can you tell what he painted?


Our little man seems to love the finer things in life....like his daddy. :) You know, cause I'm fine. haha Anyway....Lucas LOVES old science books and is currently drooling over a pair from the 30's at our favorite science store. He loves gold objects, leather and tools. 


Once Scott started working on his handmade leather bag Lucas decided he wanted a smaller version of his own. He came up with his own design and they worked out a pattern and Scott helped him get started. He has helped with every stage so far and is currently still hand sewing the pieces together.


His plan is to have it finished before school starts so he can use it for THIRD grade. How cool is that? He wants me to document the process so we can make a little photo book to carry in the bag. Because Scott's bag is so awesome, he doesn't think anyone will believe he made one of his own unless we show them photos. He is so excited to have a cool leather bag that he made himself. And we are very proud!


Eli has been contemplating what he wants to do when he grows up. He has a great eye for design and notices some great details that the other kids miss. He has come to work with me several times and likes to design new logos for various companies. He wanted to create a logo for a group of his friends so I gave him a lesson in using Illustrator. I start most of my designs in that program and once he got the hang of it he finished it in no time.


We also started our FREE friday night movies at Crown Center. Most friday's are spent at the water park in the afternoon and then at crown center for dinner and a movie. For the first show we brought a picnic dinner of snacks. It was a great light summer dinner and we even won a free treat for answering a quiz correctly. Aren't my guys the cutest boys ever? :)


Hummus, carrots, ranch, broccoli, sardines, cheese, tomatoes and celery with bread, crackers and wine. Perfect meal!


 I'm adding this photo so you can see my husband....he really does exist! Though he rarely smiles for my camera....hmmm maybe that is his plan?


I'm a good back rest....


Great seats and even better company! I am loving this summer and all the family time we are getting together. I am so thankful that our time is centered around being together and making things instead of spending money and material objects. I want it to always be this way!


So, now you know why summer is flying by....and that we are packing in as much fun as we possibly can! Hope you are having a good and healthy summer too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are having such a busy, FUN summer!! Lucky kids!

DDawson said...

It is a busy summer now that I am working again! Yay! That just means we have to fill our weekends with as much fun as possible. whew!