Monday, November 29, 2010

Plaza Lighting Ceremony

Another one of our family traditions (since we moved to KC) is to go to the Plaza lighting ceremony. After our delicious dinner we bundled up and headed out to join the 500,000 other crazy people! Scott and Grandma were wiped out from cooking and they opted to stay home near the cozy fireplace. The kids and I found a good parking spot and made our way to the KCP&L stage. The kids wanted to get as close to the stage as possible so we kept making our way to the front...there were sooooo many people that it became a little uncomfortable squeezing in between strangers...when there was no space in between bodies...it was just plain crazy! We ended up near the stage and had a great seat for the fireworks and lighting.


When we first got to the Plaza we got coffee at Latte Land and sat down next to Benjamin Franklin...and I captured this lovely moment before they were paying attention. In case you don't know what life is like with 3 boys...here is a glimpse...of Eli picking Ben's nose...
And the cleaned up version....they look so cute when they are behaving, don't they?

Great view right? This was our second night of FIREWORKS and it was a great display!
My brave little trailblazers who made their way to the front. It must have been the coffee that gave them that extra push...cause they just kept on going! They are such great kids!
Did I mention I LOVE fireworks? :)

Notice there is NO PERSONAL SPACE between people...can you believe a lady tried to push a wheelchair thru this 20 minutes after this photo? It really was crazy!
This is my little man... I had to hold him up a few times to see the stage.
I took about 6 of these shots using different settings on my camera...I see half hearted smiles on 2 of the 4..can you? 
The Plaza is so beautiful when it's all lit up!
A stranger offered to take our photo...and later Noah and I discussed how both of us were working out a plan just in case the guy took off running with my camera....he can be quite the responsible young man sometimes...but thankfully, the guy really was just nice...and now you all get to see how much I looked like an eskimo! :)
This is one of my favorite shots with one of the cool street lamps.


 We had a great Thanksgiving week with lots of traditions that helped us kick off the Christmas season. We are looking forward to Christmas break and extended time with the kids! 

No comments: