Today is my absolute favorite holiday! I love it because it is about family, home cooked food and remembering all the things I am thankful for. I love that it hasn't been commercialized and that it sort of hides between Halloween and Christmas. That keeps it safe and sentimental for me!

We start our Thanksgiving by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade as a family. Even the puppies joined in lounging around on the couch...
Each of the kids have their own dish to prepare for Thanksgiving and this year I got a hint of what it will be like to have the kids make everything! They are so great in the kitchen and after 52 weeks of helping us in the kitchen every year, they really shine on Thanksgiving. They really are amazing. I love cooking all day and talking to the kids while we prepare our feast. This year I was very thankful for an updated Stove! I love knowing that the kids are going to have life long memories of our family time in the kitchen!
I am very thankful for many things this year. I am thankful for a home that now has hot water and a fireplace for winter. I am thankful for these luxuries that so many take for granted. I am thankful for unemployment that has helped feed our family for the past 12 months. I am thankful that Grandma survived her 2nd open heart surgery and is still here getting stronger. I am thankful that my husband is no longer on IV therapy and can't even imagine how we did that for 2.5 years. I am so thankful for him, his great attitude and his ability to do just about anything. I am thankful that he came out of treatment healthier than he went in and that he is still alive today. I am thankful for each of my bonus kids and the relationships we have. I know that I got off easy with these kids and that the ease we had becoming a family is rare. I am thankful for their love, friendship and laughter in my life. I am thankful for new beginnings, grace, mercy and love. I am thankful for family time, teaching moments and the opportunity to grow as a family. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love and know that if you are reading this blog....I am thankful for you!





No comments:
Post a Comment