The best part of the evening was when Noah accidentally crawled up on Santa's lap...which he has NEVER done before (at least with us). The last time we tried this was in 2006 when Santa made a visit to us at the Potter's Wheel. Lucas and Eli loved it and sat on his lap while Noah completely freaked out. He wanted nothing to do with him and stayed with Daddy. This year, Santa told him to come on up...and Noah (being the obedient child that he is) walked right up and sat on his lap! Then, Autumn and Eli walked away while Lucas gladly climbed on up. I would have to say that even the children that are on the "fence" are still very willing to write their Santa letters and wish for those special presents. Lucas is always very concerned with how Santa is going to find us and how he will be getting into our house. This year he is concerned because we put decorations in front of the non-working fireplace...I am pretty sure that Santa is going to move some decorations just to show how he made it in the house...OH! And I am pretty sure he is going to leave boot marks too...hmmm.....OH! And did I mention that the kids are trying to trick the adults by leaving food for Santa that their parents don't like? Eli was going thru a long list of items...Do you like: Fruit? Yes. Veggies? Yes. Popcorn? Yes. Asparagus? Yes. Hmmmm....how about Caviar? Um, well, I don't know...but if you wan't to leave Caviar for Santa, I am sure he won't mind.... :)
Monday, December 14, 2009
Some People Really Know How To Decorate For Christmas...
One of the things our family likes to do is look at Christmas lights. Last year, we were kidnapped by Aunt Tweety and dropped off at Crown Center in our PJ's so we could look at the lights. The kids loved that and still talk about it today. They keep asking when Tweety is coming back to get them...and I am sure she will stop in when they least expect it! Last year, she showed us this house which to adults...is insane...but to a 7, 9, 11 & 12 year old it is the GREATEST CHRISTMAS HOUSE EVER!!! The kids and I jumped in the van on friday night (poor daddy was feeling horrible so he stayed home with grandma) and went in search of the famous house. I had just seen a blurb about the house on channel 5 (YES, the neighbors love him that much...not) the day before so it only took me 10 minutes or so to find the house...and the guy actually lives close to us. I tried to take some video just to show you the Christmas Spirit that lives in KC...and even though its dark...I think you get the idea...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment