Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Part II

I meant to get this up sooner but now I just want to post it so I have a record and can see the improvement next year when our walls are all painted! It was weird having our Christmas decorations up with unfinished walls everywhere but I know that we are slowly making progress...

Can you see the Santa bag by the fireplace? That was his new thing this year...he left his presents in it...it looked like he accidentally left his britches too...maybe they got caught on the fireplace? I can't quite figure Santa out... 

I got some new ornaments this year that I love! They say Peace, Love, Hope, Joy & Merry Christmas. Exactly what I want our family to focus on during the holiday's.  


We also have family photos on our tree and this one is my fav.
It is my mom and dad on their wedding day.

 This is what I am focusing on in 2011....but I'll save that for another post..

When the kids write their Santa letters we roll them up and put them in the Christmas tree.



We made Christmas trees again this year. Two of them are white, sparkly, glittery trees and one is a feather tree. Love them!

The sparkly trees look like they are covered in snow and the feather one is just so soft. I love turning Christmas into an excuse to make more artsy stuff and the kids really seem to love it too.

At the beginning of December we went to one of our favorite places to make Christmas ornaments and silly things. The Mo. Dep. of Conservation has a great discovery center near the Plaza and we try to get there for each of their workshops.

Here are more Christmas trees made out of natural KS/MO plants.

Noah had a friend over this weekend and they had a great time making ornaments.

Here are the final creations and ornaments from our little group. Lucas was home sick in bed but Noah's friend made sure to give him one of his creations which of course made Lucas feel better.

And for our final decorations here are those ornaments I mentioned on our Thanksgiving post. We spent hours making these little ball ornaments and then used them as a center piece instead of hanging them on the tree. Don't they look great? I am very proud of their hard work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love your tree and all the decorations. The handmade ones are so special.